Have you ever felt an aversion to pleasure? Or that you could only have it once in a blue moon? We’d like to invite you to remove the guilt from pleasure, and hopefully by the end of this blog post, you’ll be able to do so.
What does the word pleasure mean? Dictionary definition as a noun says, “a feeling of happy satisfaction and enjoyment.” So why do we shy away from something so innate in us?
We all have a right to feel happy, satisfied and to be able to enjoy ourselves, even with all of the chaos going on in the world. It’s important to understand that we need time to be ourselves and feel good no matter what is happening around us in our personal lives, the extended lives of others, or in our society.
To be able to take a little time out of your day and hold space for yourself is something that should never, ever arise feelings of guilt with them. To feel pleasure is a birthright for us. Let yourself sink into the depth of our healing waters, to feel enjoyment, to become one with yourself again.
Furthermore, we would like to offer some affirmations to you. Please only take what resonates with you at this time:
- I am able to fully feel my feelings.
- I am at peace with the past.
- I am full of compassion towards myself.
- I allow myself to move forward in life.
- By forgiving myself, I can forgive others.
- As I forgive, I grow stronger.
- I hold space for myself in this healing process.
- As I take time to heal myself, I heal others.
- When I am happy, others can be happy.
- I am not responsible for everyones happiness, but I am responsible for my own.
- I will allow myself to fully feel happiness, satisfaction and enjoyment.
- In my own space, I am safe to feel pleasure.
As always, we look forward to holding space for you inside our spa. With any treatment you get, please let whomever is taking care of you what you would like, ie: talking, no talking, etc. Whatever you need, we are here for you.